Monday, February 18, 2008

TorDot: What's it all about?

A week+ ago I mentioned that everyone should sign up for our "new project." We were being a little quiet about what the project is since it keeps evolving as we are working on it. This article on Bloggasm, however, basically says it...

"Tor Books, a major science fiction and fantasy publisher, announced recently that it would offer free weekly ebooks of its print titles if you sign up for its email newsletter. But this is just part of a larger online expansion that will include social networking and the publication of original short fiction and nonfiction....it's intended to be a "go-to site, a central community" for science fiction and fantasy fans."

I will add that the commissioned fiction will be accompanied by commissioned
artwork and we are working gallery section that will contain portfolios for 100 artists. This wont be the kind of peer-to-peer workshop site that ConceptArt.org and CgSociety is, but it will be a place for fans and art directors to get a taste of an artist's work and then link into the artists' sites.

12 comments:

Arkady Roytman said...

hope the Tor web servers can handle the torrents of geeks signing up for the MyFace of the sci-fi world.

Paul Allan Ballard said...

Well this is all very exciting. It will be great to peruse all the portfolios and who doesn't want free books.

Tracy Flynn Art said...

Just what I need another place to keep me out of the studio.......roflmao!!!!!

Just kidding, I think it is a great idea and look forwards to visiting.

Thanks to ya'll for doing it.

Tracy

REAU said...

This sounds very cool Irene. I can't wait to see everything come together.

-reau-

Carl V. Anderson said...

I can't wait for that artist section! Yes!!!

Missy Sue Hanson said...

That sounds awesome!

Anthony Schiavino said...

Just signed up.

Anonymous said...

Once I played Aion, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have [url=http://www.gameim.com/product/Aion_Gold.html]aion kina[/url]. He gave me some [url=http://www.gameim.com/product/Aion_Gold.html]aion online kina[/url], he said that I could [url=http://www.gameim.com/product/Aion_Gold.html]buy aion kina[/url], but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some [url=http://www.gameim.com/product/Aion_Gold.html]aion gold[/url], if I did not continue to play it, I can sell [url=http://www.gameim.com/product/Aion_Gold.html]cheap aion kina[/url] to anyone who want.

iPhone Torrents* said...

Hey, great article, I am huge torrent fan!

Make Money said...

Cool Article!

Watch House Music Videos said...

Hey, great story!

iPhone App Reviews said...

Hey, the art department? Whats that?