Monday, July 20, 2009

Earthrise

One of my brothers claims to remember everything that ever happened to him since he was 5. The rest of us have no doubt that he believes this to be true. I, on the other hand, can't remember anything about last week and couldn't tell you a single detail about that movie/book that I swear I totally love.

That said, I do have a very clear memory of being a small kid when my mother said she wished she had a wall-sized poster of Earth Rise for the house. I knew nothing about space or any programs associated with it, but something in my mother's voice so clearly spoke of a love for science with equal reverence for all the mysteries in the world and our small and wonderful place in the universe.

2 comments:

Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Irene-

We remember what's important. I can truly say this has been my own life story too.

Over on my own blog, I have some paintings I did today up, and the headline from the local paper that I saved from that very day!.

Anonymous said...

Why aren't there any stars?